Monday, March 11, 2013

Home


It is Sunday, 8pm. The chickens are back in their coop, the goats back in their pen and Dooley and I are back in the woods of West Virginia. I am sitting in my favorite chair smoking a Swisher Sweet Outlaw Double Barrel Rum cigar by a beautiful fire. What a wonderful feeling it is, like slipping on an old pair of comfortable shoes. I asked Dooley if after seeing so many new things he would rather live in the “other world” we had just returned from. His answer was a quote from Henry David Thoreau:

 I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”

That’s my dog.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Glad to hear you are back! I was wondering about your cigars because you hadn't mentioned them in the past few post that I thought perhaps you gave them up! lol